Are you a highly motivated instructor with significant experience of RYA Powerboat scheme coaching on tidal water?
We are currently accepting applications for casual instructing vacancies at our RYA Training Centre based in Chiswick, W4 for the 2022 season.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Minimum five seasons experience of powerboating logged (preferably in range of boat types, including RIBs)
- Significant experience operating powerboats on tidal water
- RYA Powerboat Instructor (PBI) qualification
- Evidence of ongoing CPD since PBI qualification
- RYA First Aid certificate (or equivalent)
- Impeccable presentation, punctuality and attention to customer service
- Extensive classroom and practical teaching experience in a variety of settings
- Working knowledge of the tidal Thames, including PLA General Directions, Permanent NTMs, and codes of practice for recreational craft
- Port of London local knowledge endorsement (LKE) or MCA/BML LKE
- VHF Short Range Certificate (SRC)*
- Safeguarding training (within 3 years)
- RYA Yachtmaster theory (or knowledge to the level of)
- RYA Advanced Powerboat Certificate of Competence, commercially endorsed
- RYA First Aid Instructor
- RYA SRC Assessor
*We require all instructors to hold a valid VHF SRC with DSC – if you do not already have this in place at the point of application, we will be happy to support you to achieve this.
We offer excellent rates of pay, along with subsidised training/CPD with ongoing development and progression opportunities.
Aspiring Powerboat Instructors:
We are keen to support the next generation of Powerboat instructors who have not yet qualified with the RYA. Please feel free to drop us an email ([email protected]) if you’d like to find out more about development opportunities with us.
You will need at least 5 seasons of powerboating experience (reduced where powerboats form an integral part of your normal full-time occupation) to be considered for the PBI course.
For details of the pre-requisites, pre-entry skills assessment, and PBI course format, please see the RYA website